Monday, June 24, 2013

A Quick Visit to the Other Side

Merhaban again from Jerusalem! (It means hello)

As I'm sure you already know, today was another day of digging in the field. On the way though, I got to see the remainder of the supermoon over the old city wall which was gorgeous. 


There isn't much to tell today about the dig. They didn't need sifters so I was a bit homeless and just helped out wherever I was needed which was mostly moving dirt. I did find a donkey tooth with the roots still attached! The area supervisor didn't want it so he said I could keep it! Yay!

We left super early because we had a tour at a local university. On the way home, we saw several parties celebrating  bar mitzvahs. It was a huge party with music and singing right in the middle in of the street. 


After lunch and a quick shower/wardrobe change, we got ready to head to Al Quds  University. This is a university here that has a special masters in archeology degree. They even teach people how to put ancient mosaics back together. 

 Getting ready for our visit to the university. 



The university was a short drive away and just on the other side of this...

If you know what I mean here. 

It was a very pretty place and even had a nursing school but the tour became very political very quickly which I didn't expect. The people we still very kind though. 

Al Quds University

The rest of the day was pretty uneventful. I had chicken schwirma for dinner and it was delicious! So was the ice cream...


Bedowan herder

Here's the Arabic word for today!

Al Quds: Jerusalem

No comments:

Post a Comment