Friday, June 28, 2013

Last Fun Day in Jerusalem

Welp today was my last full day in Jerusalem. Well technically I have tomorrow but that's a packing and travel day so it doesn't count. 

I had to take someone else to the hospital this morning again so I missed the trip to the Israeli museum but I still had a good day. 

The hospital is full of all of this interesting artwork that I wanted to share!


What's better than a chandelier made of saline syringes?

Belly casts!! My fav!

I had fun looking at all of the art while we were there. Especially the belly casts. They had ultrasound photos on them! Too cool!

Dr. Z and I went back to Mamilla mall again today to fill prescriptions and decided to stop and have a fabulous lunch. I had a croissant with scrambled eggs and cream cheese and tomatoes and onions. I think it was the most protein I've had in a week and I got an ice chocolate and pastry to go. I think I've had a food high since then!!

Crazy balloon animals at the mall

Half of the pastry counter

On the way home, I stopped to see my favorite person in Jerusalem. The Armenian potter. He was as kind as always and we had a wonderful conversation. It was so sad to have to say goodbye because we really came to love and appreciate him over these two weeks!

When I was trying to leave the old city, I got caught in this mass exodus of people trying to get home before Shabbat started. I've never seen that many people in one place at once and there were too many smelly old men running into me! It was overwhelmingly crazy trying to get home. There was even a guy doing a live infomercial for power tools outside the Damascus Gate. 

This is my dinner tonight. 


Don't judge. I know you're just jealous. And yes it's beyond delicious. It's Shabbat so most places are closed. That's my excuse for eating a giant pastry for dinner. 

Tomorrow I leave for Mongolia! Ahhhh!!!!


Shabbat Shalom




No comments:

Post a Comment