Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Stomach Bug

Welllll, the food finally caught up with us...

First Dr. Z had a bug yesterday after the trip to the university and my turn was today. So instead of going to the dig, I spent the day in bed sleeping which would have been amazing if I wasn't sick!

Plus, apparently someone had a possible punctured lung on the dig site and I missed it! I got a call from the dig at 730 asking me if I had a stethoscope so it got to participate and not me! In something medical for once! I was so sick I thought I imagined the phone call...

I got up and rolling around lunch and ate the brat diet to make sure I was still good. That was amazingly easy to do! 

We had a walking lecture with Dr. Gibson at 5 today. The sites he took us to where actually places we had been on a previous tour but we were getting more of an archeological perspective and learning about his excavations. 

 Dr. Gibson speaking on the steps Jesus would've taken to see Pilate

How Marika felt about hearing and seeing the same lecture again...


We went back to the area where Jesus was judged by Pilate and heard about the excavations there. Dr. Tabor pointed out the fact that along the area where Jesus would have been beaten, there were thorn bushes that naturally flourished in the location. He said it would have been natural for the guards to reach over and grab some for the crown of thorns. 

Green thorn bushes


We also went to the tomb of King David today. This time we were able to go in and it was also separated into men's and women's sides for praying. 


The supposed tomb of King David.

After the tour we headed to Jaffa street which is a more western side of Jerusalem and had burgers for dinner. The meat always tastes just a little funny to me like it might not be beef but I try really hard not to think about that and just eat it because it is much needed protein. 


Jaffa street and the light rail here just like ours in Charlotte


And if course we stopped at our favorite
Place on the way home. The ice cream shop. I had chocolate coconut in a cone and it was fabulous. Yes I eat ice cream almost every day and no I don't feel bad. We walk alllllllllllll the time!

Mutaib: Arabic for how I feel after the dig...tired!



No comments:

Post a Comment