Sunday, June 23, 2013

Dig Week 2

Well here we go again! Diggin up them holes...

It's week 2 of the dig and we're working just as hard. Those two days off just kind of spoiled us and made us forget about the work. Plus as fun as they were, we crammed in so much stuff and we were all completely exhausted. Still are exhausted... 

There wasn't much sifting to do today so I helped move dirt most of the day. But I did find this...


My fifth coin!

We only had two buckets to look through but I did find another copper coin! 

I'm all about helping out wherever I can on the dig but there's a limit to what I can do obviously. Like this for example..


This is my German friend and my Australian friend pick axing away at a wall in the dig. I cannot do that but I was there for moral support and to make sure they don't pass out in the hole because that was hard work! My German friend Carston and I compete to find the most coins everyday. So far I'm winning but he has a good eye for them as well!

We got our signs for the dig site today too! 


I'm so excited about them because they are on the fence right next to the path where all the tourists walk by. Now they can see where we're from and we're representing the 49ers all the way in Israel. Here's a close up on the sign...

See if you notice anything funny on the sign...

We had a long day today because we were so exhausted and were surprised with an impromptu trip to another dig site. Exactly what we wanted to do after digging for 8 hours in the hot sun...

This dig is on the site of the original wall that surrounded Jerusalem. We got to see the area and had a lecture by the archeologist who was in charge of the area. 

 The original wall. 

Tonight we had a lecture by Dr. Tabor as a group but I do believe I'm done for the day. When I woke up from my nap, I didn't know where I was... Time for more rest! 

Gofoos: soft buckets for hauling dirt that I helped moved today

No comments:

Post a Comment