Sunday, June 15, 2014

Dig Day 1

Today was the first day of the dig. We got to start at 8am which was great for getting over jet lag and had a delicous breakfast. The weather is fantastic so our morning walk was very pleasant. 

It was so fun to go over the walk that I've practically memorized from the last trip. Apparently there is a huge light festival going on in the old city so it's decorated everywhere with crazy things like elephants on the wall. I will definitely be going to see that. 



We spent the morning cleaning the dig site and removing the debris so we can start with a clean dig site tomorrow. No remarkable findings today and no one really got sick. People just over did it some and felt dizzy but that's typical of the first day. 



 
We had upside down chicken for lunch today also which is my favorite meal I've had in Israel so far! I was thrilled and ate a ton! Yummy!!!

After lunch, Jamie and I headed out for our most favorite activity...shopping! But first, we needed an iced chocolate. This is iced chocolate: 

It's not really like a milkshake or chocolate milk but it tastes like heaven in a jar. I got my nativity scenes which I'm very excited about and I got some hot pants with elephants on them. So cool!


Our final stop was to the Western Wall because it's one of my favorite places in the city. 

Finally, this is a new special part of my blog. It's the Kevin Doing Nothing section. We have an ongoing joke in our program that Kevin does nothing on the dig site but in reality he's doing very important recording of findings and keeping the dig running. But in the fun spirit of our joke, I will be posting a picture of Kevin doing nothing every day. 

 See you all tomorrow! 

No comments:

Post a Comment