Saturday, June 14, 2014

I'm back in Israel!

Well after quite a day of travel, I'm back in the beautiful city of Jerusalem listening to all of the sounds of the city from my hotel room. Our flight from Charlotte was delayed and then our flight out of Phildelphia was delays too for bad weather but all of that bad weather meant that lots of people missed their flight so we had room to spread out on the plan. I don't sleep well on planes so I used the 10 and a half hour flight to catch up on movies. I watched the second Hunger Games (dark and twisty), two slap stick comedies to try to feel better after Hunger Games and started Dallas Buyers Club but will have to finish it on the way home. I sat with Dr. Tabor so we got to reminisce about last years trip which was very fun. 


We arrived in Jerusalem and I got my luggage no problem! We got to the hotel just in time to have the delicious dinner prepared by the hotel. I was thrilled when the hotel staff remembered me from last year! They were all so kind and even asked about my life while piling on the fruit and desserts of course! 


After dinner we had a meeting to discuss the basics of the dig and at that meeting, I got to see all of the people from last year! Tomorrow at the dig, we get to arrive at 8am instead of 6! I'll be posting more pictures tomorrow since that's when the dug actually starts!

No comments:

Post a Comment